This Japanese influenced Cheesecake recipe will be the prefect ending to a Japanese meal.
- 7oz firm tofu
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of preferred fruit jam
- Drain the tofu and wrap it in parchment paper.
- Place it on a grid with a chopping board on top to weigh it down and leave to dry out for one hour.
- Blend the tofu, yogurt and butter in a food processor.
- Remove to a bowl and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, rum and the flour.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then slowly add the sugar while continuing to whisk.
- Fold the egg whites into the tofu mixture and pour into a lightly oiled 8 inch diameter round cake tin.
- Pour hot water into a roasting tin to a depth of 1 inch.
- Place the cake tin on a trivet in the roasting tin and bake in an oven pre-heated to 320o F for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out cleanly.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix your favorite fruit jam with a teaspoon of water, and heat it up in a small saucepan to create a glaze. Brush the cake with the glaze before serving.